Friday, January 05, 2007

More RPG that I have encountered

Time to try and wrap up the theme of different RPG soon, but I thought that there were a few more to mention that I have played or in one case wanted to play that haven't been covered.

Chivalry and Sorcery was always one of the most detailed RPG in its period and did try to set a game actually in the middle ages with pretty much historical magic and attitudes. I didn't play much of it preferring D&D then RQ for the more fantastic approach. From what I remember the rules were very detailed and this meant that character generation was a lengthy process and actually playing was quite slow, but this may be my memory playing tricks on me.

Warhammer FRP is a game that I love the setting of, as the old World and new World in Warhammer contain plenty of interesting stuff, with my own personal preference being for the new World of Lustria with its many lizardmen and their aztec/mayan styling. Warhammer I've read and created characters for, but never actually played till now when I've signed up for a PbP game at RPG.net. Warhammer FRP has many legendary scenarios which I've tried hard not to learn too much about as it would only spoil playing in them, such as the Enemy within.

Pendragon is a game I'mfairly surprised that I haven't played as it is based on Arthurian myth which I have been interested in since I was little (probably not unusual in a Briton). This game has a very different approach to most RPG in that significant time can pass in a session with characters aging and their descendants continuing the quest if needs be. The game is based on Chaosium's BRP system so would not be unfamiliar to me as a player of Runequest and Call of Cthulhu, but with some additions to deal with the out of adventure development and social interactions.

No comments:

/*