Friday, February 01, 2008

Gaming Podcast Review 4 Meeples & Miniatures

Gaming podcast review no 4.

Meeples & Miniatures is a podcast that covers wargames and boardgames. It has an associated guild at boardgamegeek and website at Meeples & Miniatures. There is one regular host, Neil Shuck, and I have to admit that I do still prefer multi host podcasts, though he does do a good job. On reviews I really feel that having two people compare notes is better, though of course as a text reviewer my efforts are usually solo.

Content
Meeples & Miniatures has frequent reviews, interviews and listener feedback as its regular content. What brought me in to listening was the interviews and these are probably the highlight of the content to me. The reviews are also useful to me and listener feedback is an important part for any podcast to engage with its audience. It does look like there will be an increased focus on miniatures games in 2008 which is something that I welcome.

Technical
The technical quality is respectable on M&M, with the audio being clear and lacking background or microphone noise. Generally the editing is pretty unobtrusive and helps make the content easy to listen to.

Conclusion
I do like this podcast and will be a regular listener in future, particularly as I do find the content useful, about my only reservation is my preference for multi host shows.

No comments:

/*