Thursday, April 10, 2008

Podcast review: Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Cthulhu podcast is not necessarily a gaming podcast in the way that the others I have covered to date have been, but it does cover a lot of interest to RPG players, especially in Lovecraftian games.

Content
The usual episode format is a factual item about the pre WWII 20th Century, a piece of music, usually from the 1920s or so and a story. The stories can be either readings of H.P. Lovecraft stories or from other authors, but are pretty universally tied into the Cthulhu mythos. There are also occasional poems read. The main presenter is FNH, but there are often other readers for the poems or stories and I like the variety of voices this gives. With the episodes I've listened to there have been factual items on the Scopes' Monkey Trial and Earnest Shackeleton's expedition to the South Pole.

Technical
Technically I've found the recording to be clear and understandable and had no problem with downloads direct from the site or via iTunes.

Overall
I think this is a podcast I will listen to regularly now as it comes in at a nice 30 minute or so length and has a nice mix of content.

2 comments:

Felbrigg said...

Hey, thanks for the review, you quite obviously ROCK!

Dave said...

Well I like to think so.
;)

/*