Sunday, May 04, 2008

Gaming Podcast Review 10 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction

Gaming podcast review 10 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction

2d6 Feet in a Random Direction is a multi-genre game podcast covering RPG, boardgames and minatures gaming. It has been going since July 2006, making it pretty well established and coming up to its second anniversary soon. There are two regular hosts: Brian Isikoff and Chris Hanrahan.

Content
The content has a mixture of discussion of games, including one thing that I love which is reviews, gaming news and occasional interviews with games designers and other industry insiders. There is a good interplay between the regular hosts though I have to confess to finding their voices a little similar at times. There is a good proportion of the talk given to discussion of games and reviews and its interesting to have the retailer's perspective from Chris Hanrahan.


Technical
I've found the 64kbits version that I download is clear and easy to listen to and I've not really had any issues with clarity on these shows, including where there are guests as well as the regular presenters.

Conclusion
I like this show a lot and it has gone onto my list of preferred listening. After all how could I not like a podcast named after a Warhammer FRP critical?

2 comments:

Brian I said...

Howdy!

Thanks much for the positive feedback on the show - certainly glad you like it. Thanks for listening!

Brian

Dave said...

Thanks Brian. Hope that the other reviews will start to be useful to people now I'm getting a reasonable number done.

/*