Friday, January 17, 2014

My missing project - Terrain!

This was the one project that I missed that is probably the most essential now that my WWII and Flintloque collections of painted and based figures are growing is making gaming boards and terrain to go on them.

There is a lot that I could do and thankfully plenty of websites that have guidance as well as useful tutorials in Henry Hyde's Wargaming Compendium. My priorities are to do a number of segmented or folding boards which will allow me to do games on 2 by 4 foot, 4 foot square and 4 foot by six foot tables. This will at least get me set up with a decent size area to game on.

Next up would be to add some hills, roads, streams and bridges. I already have a few assorted buildings in a number of scales and am quite happy to use card based designs which are easy to source and print off the basics for.

Hopefully soon I'll have pictures showing this being developed.


No comments:

/*